Boot camp with Tom Redman. Tuesday 5 September 2017
Tom Redman Writes:
I’ve recently introduced the term publicly (see for example, “Data Quality Should be Everyone’s Responsibility” in HBR) and many people have asked “how can I become a data provocateur?” This Data Provocateur’s boot camp provides the answer. It aims:
- To provide you the skinniest possible set of material needed to become an effective data provocateur and
- To empower and embolden you to move forward.
This webinar aims to provide a fast, powerful first step, which involves answering the question, “Do I/we have a data quality problem?”
Register now — bring a co-worker (plus one discount)
A. What is a “data provocateur?”
- Why data quality problems arise? (Answer: The rising middle manager)
- The hidden data factory
- Anyone can be a provocateur
- The provocateur’s “persona” (you’ll be surprised)
- Provocateur defined, with special emphasis on soft skills.
- Discussion: Can you fill the role?
B. Step One: Answer “Do I (we) have a data quality problem?”
- The Friday Afternoon Measurement
- The Rule of Ten to calculate one aspect of the COPDQ (cost of poor data quality)
- Other impacts of bad data.
- Answering the question.
C. Discussion: Can you do this work?
Tom Redman — the Data Doc
Delivered by live webinar on: Tuesday 5 September 2017
Mumbai: 21:30 – 23:00
Cape Town 18:00 -19:30
Paris: 18:00 – 19:30
London: 17:00 – 18:30
Sao Paulo: 13:00 – 14:30
New York: 12 noon – 1:30 pm
Los Angeles: 9 am – 10:30 am
Honolulu: 6 am – 7:30 am
IQ International members
Non member price
(includes complimentary IQint membership expires 30 June 2018)
Plus 1 (colleague registering with you for the Bootcamp)
We will invoice you within 24 hours of receiving your registration.
On receipt of payment we will provide access details to the session.