Information Quality Certified Professional
About the IQCP Program
Information Quality Certified Professional (IQCP) is a Professional Certification program provides unmatched GLOBAL professional recognition by peers in the information quality discipline. The credential provides assurance that an Information Qualified Certified Professional has met and sustained eligibility criteria addressing education, training, experience and the knowledge and skills needed for competence.
An Information Quality Certified Professional (IQCP)
- is an individual who demonstrates broad expertise in and practical knowledge of information quality principles, concepts, methods and skills, through work experience and education,
- has completed the IQCP exam, demonstrating knowledge of the core information quality competencies, and
- subscribes to the IQ International Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
Once certified you must provide evidence of ongoing professional development:
- Each three years you must provide evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) by submitting a CPD log.
The process followed by IQ International complies with widely accepted standards and regulations such as the ISO/IEC 17024 and the Standards for the Accreditation of Certification Programs, published by the USA National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA, 2002). This distinguishes the IQCP credential from related certifications or certificates currently offered in the marketplace.
The following features distinguish the IQCP credential from others:
- Focus on Information/Data Quality. Unlike many related certification or certificate programs, the IQCP credential focuses on information quality, not information or data management. This is consistent with the establishment of information/data quality as distinct profession with its own body of knowledge and skill set.
- Comprehensive. The IQCP credential is not based on a specific methodology, IQ school of thought, tool, etc. This ensures that as an IQCP, you will possess a broad and deep mastery of the full information quality discipline, allowing you to succeed in all business segments.
- Rigorous development process. The process followed by IQ International complies with widely accepted standards and regulations such as the ISO/IEC 17024 and the Standards for the Accreditation of Certification Programs, published by the USA National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA, 2002).
- Continuous professional growth. Earning the IQCP credential is not a one-time event. Certification must be maintained through ongoing experience and professional development. This ensures that IQCPs will keep their skills current to meet the evolving needs of the marketplace.
- Worldwide acceptance and recognition. The IQCP credential was developed by a broad, international group of information/data quality experts, including practitioners, consultants, and academics. In addition, the credential has been endorsed by many country-specific information/data quality associations, and by several universities worldwide. This ensures that as you move across borders, your IQCP credential will always be recognized and valued.
- Increased knowledge and mastery of the Information/data quality discipline
- Recognition of professional competence by peers around the globe
- Greater credibility and recognition within your organization
- Greater credibility and recognition in the marketplace
- Self-satisfaction and validation of my expertise
- Higher pay/greater pay opportunities
- Faster career advancement/promotion
- Better career options
- Increase the quality and consistency of the information/data quality training available to employees
- Provide a benchmark against which to assess internal their information/data quality practices.
- Demonstrate to stakeholders the organization’s commitment to and adoption of a global standard for information quality
- Employee development and recognition
- Leverage a skilled staff to reduce costs and increase revenue by through high information quality
By earning the IQCP credential from IQ International, you are not only being recognized by your peers worldwide for your competence, you are also demonstrating your commitment to the global IQ community and discipline.